Programs Home l 30-Day Home l Dates, Location, Cost l Retreat Requirements
Academic Credit l Staff l For More Information
- The Institute for Priestly Formation is pleased to offer the Spiritual Exercises, 30-day retreat for diocesan seminarians, diocesan priests and bishops.
- Preparatory days, retreat conferences and transition seminar conversations focus upon illuminating the unique identity of diocesan priesthood.
- An affective integration of sexuality within the gift of celibacy as a generative gift from God is emphasized.
- Prerequisites include:
- Participation in two week-long silent directed retreats (or IPF’s summer program of intensive spiritual formation).
- Current prayer life consisting of 60-minutes of Scripture based contemplative prayer, every day.
- Openness to use of the spiritual senses and entering into imaginative prayer.
- Affective maturity and the capacity for transparent self-disclosure and honesty with one’s spiritual director.
- Exceptions to the aforementioned prerequisites can be discussed if there seems to be equivalent spiritual preparation through life experience.
- A telephone interview and the completion of an application form are also required.