Home ➥ Programs ➥ Seminar for Seminary Spiritual Directors ➥ Program Information
Spiritual Direction Seminar Program Information
Weekend of Directed Prayer
- The seminar opens at 4 p.m. on Friday June 11th, 2021 with a social and dinner followed by a weekend of directed prayer.
Morning Practicum (3 weeks)
- In the two-hour morning practicum, peer supervision is experienced as the participants become engaged in the art of giving and receiving contemplative spiritual direction.
- The opportunity to direct the prayer of two individuals outside of class is provided.
- Case studies tailored to the particular needs of seminary formation are discussed.
- In addition, the following topics are examined:
- Prayer and Discernment
- Psychological and Spiritual Affective Development
- Fostering a Contemplative Attitude
- Issues in Seminary Spiritual Direction
Afternoon Class (2 weeks)
- The course, “The Spirituality of Diocesan Priesthood,” illuminates the unique identity and charisms of diocesan priesthood.
- An apostolic spirituality is presented that can inspire, motivate and sustain the busy daily lives of contemporary diocesan priests.
- If desired, two graduate credits through Creighton University can be earned.
- The Seminar for Seminary Spiritual Directors begins on June 11, 2021.
- The Seminar for Seminary Spiritual Directors ends on July 2, 2021.
- The program runs for 3 weeks.
The Seminar for Seminary Spiritual Directors is based at Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska. During the summer IPF shares Creighton’s facilities while conducting its own liturgical and residential life
Costs for 2021 will be forthcoming.