Home ➥ Programs ➥ Seminar for Seminary Spiritual Directors ➥ Program Information
Spiritual Direction Seminar Program Information
Weekend of Directed Prayer
- The seminar opens at 4 p.m. on Friday June 5th, 2020 with a social and dinner followed by a weekend of directed prayer.
Morning Practicum (3 weeks)
- In the two-hour morning practicum, peer supervision is experienced as the participants become engaged in the art of giving and receiving contemplative spiritual direction.
- The opportunity to direct the prayer of two individuals outside of class is provided.
- Case studies tailored to the particular needs of seminary formation are discussed.
- In addition, the following topics are examined:
- Prayer and Discernment
- Psychological and Spiritual Affective Development
- Fostering a Contemplative Attitude
- Issues in Seminary Spiritual Direction
Afternoon Class (2 weeks)
- The course, “The Spirituality of Diocesan Priesthood,” illuminates the unique identity and charisms of diocesan priesthood.
- An apostolic spirituality is presented that can inspire, motivate and sustain the busy daily lives of contemporary diocesan priests.
- If desired, two graduate credits through Creighton University can be earned.
- The Seminar for Seminary Spiritual Directors begins on June 5, 2020.
- The Seminar for Seminary Spiritual Directors ends on June 26, 2020.
- The program runs for 3 weeks.
The Seminar for Seminary Spiritual Directors is based at Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska. During the summer IPF shares Creighton’s facilities while conducting its own liturgical and residential life
- $180.00, Registration/Technology Fee
- $2,000.00, Seminar Fee
- $856.00, private, air-conditioned room, shared suite (linens included)
- $65.00, Textbook Fee
- $417.00, Meal Plan
- $3,518.00, Total for tuition and fees
Limited scholarship funds are available upon request.