Home ➥ Programs ➥ Seminar for Seminary Spiritual Directors ➥ Program Information
Weekend of Directed Prayer
- The seminar opens the evening of Friday June 9th, 2017 with a social and dinner followed by a weekend of directed prayer.
Morning Practicum (3 weeks)
- In the two-hour morning practicum, peer supervision is experienced as the participants become engaged in the art of giving and receiving contemplative spiritual direction.
- The opportunity to direct the prayer of two individuals outside of class is provided.
- Case studies tailored to the particular needs of seminary formation are discussed.
- In addition, the following topics are examined:
- Prayer and Discernment
- Psychological and Spiritual Affective Development
- Fostering a Contemplative Attitude
- Issues in Seminary Spiritual Direction
Afternoon Class (2 weeks)
- The course, “The Spirituality of Diocesan Priesthood,” illuminates the unique identity and charisms of diocesan priesthood.
- An apostolic spirituality is presented that can inspire, motivate and sustain the busy daily lives of contemporary diocesan priests.
- If desired, two graduate credits through Creighton University can be earned.
- The Seminar for Seminary Spiritual Directors begins on June 9, 2017.
- The Seminar for Seminary Spiritual Directors ends on June 30, 2017.
- The program runs for 3 ½ weeks.
The Seminar for Seminary Spiritual Directors is based at Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska. During the summer IPF shares Creighton’s facilities while conducting its own liturgical and residential life
- $163.00, Registration/Technology Fee
- $1,975.00, Seminar Fee
- $803.00, private, air-conditioned room, shared suite (linens included)
- $65.00, Textbook Fee
Meal Plan Options
- 19 meal plan, $362.25
- 14 meal plan, $320.25
- Continental breakfast + 14 meal plan, $378.00
Limited scholarship funds are available upon request.