Weekend of Directed Prayer
- The seminar opens the evening of Friday June 5th with a social and dinner followed by a weekend of directed prayer.
Morning Practicum (3 weeks)
- In the two-hour morning practicum, peer supervision is experienced as the participants become engaged in the art of giving and receiving contemplative spiritual direction.
- The opportunity to direct the prayer of two individuals outside of class is provided.
- Case studies tailored to the particular needs of seminary formation are discussed.
- In addition, the following topics are examined:
- Prayer and Discernment
- Psychological and Spiritual Affective Development
- Fostering a Contemplative Attitude
- Issues in Seminary Spiritual Direction
Afternoon Class (2 weeks)
- In the course, “The Spirituality of Diocesan Priesthood,” Monsignor Robert Panke and Father Nicholas Rouch, illuminate the unique identity and charisms of diocesan priesthood.
- An apostolic spirituality is presented that can inspire, motivate and sustain the busy daily lives of contemporary diocesan priests.
- If desired, two graduate credits through Creighton University can be earned.