The 2014-2017 Spiritual Direction Training Program will have 2 sections, “A” and “B”. Participants must be able to attend all weeks with the same section. It is not possible for participants to switch between one section and the other.
Applications are now being accepted for the 2014-2017 Spiritual Direction Training Program. If you already expressed interest in applying, you should have received a memo by email around October 7th when the online application opened, explaining the details for the two concurrent sections. If you did not receive a memo, but are interested in applying, please call our office at 402-546-6384. If you wish to complete the online application, please contact our office for further instructions. Thank you!
Year I: The Identity of the Diocesan Priest as Beloved Son, Chaste Spouse”
- Week I – May 11-16, 2014
- Week II – October 12-17, 2014 (October 12-21 for those extending retreat*)
- Week III – January 11-16, 2015
- Week I – April 27-May 2, 2014
- Week II – September 28-October 3, 2014 (September 28 – October 6 for those extending retreat*)
- Week III – February 8-13, 2015
Year II: “The Identity of the Diocesan Priest as Spiritual Physician”
- Week I – May 10-15, 2015
- Week II – October 4-9, 2015 (October 4-13 for those extending retreat*)
- Week III – January 10-15, 2016
- Week I – May 3-8, 2015
- Week II – October 18-23, 2015 (October 18-26 for those extending retreat*)
- Week III – January 17-22, 2016
Year III: “The Identity of the Diocesan Priest as Spiritual Father, Good Shepherd”
- Week I – May 15-20, 2016
- Week II – October 2-7, 2016 (October 2-11 for those extending retreat*)
- Week III – January 8-13, 2017
- Week I – April 24-29, 2016
- Week II – October 30-November 4, 2016 (October 30-November 8 for those extending retreat*)
- Week III – February 5-10, 2017
* The October week each year is a silent directed retreat. All participants are expected to be present for five days; however, there is also the option to extend the retreat to eight days. These are indicated by the dates in parentheses.
The Institute for Priestly Formation is proud of our on-going partnership with the Archdiocese of Chicago. The Spiritual Direction Training Program is held on the beautiful campus of University of St Mary of the Lake/ Mundelein Seminary at 1000 East Maple Avenue in Mundelein, Illinois.
The cost for the 2014-2017 program is $2,025 for EACH YEAR ($6,075 for the full program) and includes room, board, books, all program materials and administrative fees.