Home ➥ Programs ➥ Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius Loyola ➥ Program Information
- Applications are still being accepted.
- The program runs from June 23, 2019 through July 29, 2019 (See detailed outline in the bullet points below).
- Retreatants are asked to arrive in Omaha no later than mid-afternoon on June 23, 2019.
- Required preparatory days are June 24 through June 26, 2019. The retreat and silence begin the evening of June 27, 2019.
- Day 1 of the retreat is June 27, 2019. Day 30 of the retreat is July 26, 2019.
- Required transition days are July 27 through July 29, 2019.
- Retreatants begin departure after 9:00 a.m. on July 29, 2019.
IPF offers the 30-day retreat at Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska. During the summer IPF shares Creighton’s facilities while conducting its own liturgical and residential life.
While some are surprised to hear of the 30-day on a college campus, the advantages are numerous. The campus parish church, a first class fitness center, private air conditioned rooms, library, nearby parks, and the city art museum enhance the overall goal of finding God’s presence loving us in the middle of everyday life.
Due to the generosity of benefactors, IPF is pleased to offer a low rate of $2,750.00. This price includes room, board, linens, a fitness center pass and stipends for both spiritual direction and seminar teaching. All materials are also included. Space is limited.
The Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius Loyola: Theory and Practice
- If desired, three to five graduate credits through Creighton University can be earned for an additional cost of $435 per credit (merely half the cost of regular tuition) plus a $168 University/Technology fee.
Completion of IPF 707 The Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius Loyola: Theory and Practice requires:
- Completion of the Spiritual Exercises, 30-day as facilitated by the Institute for Priestly Formation
- Reading of Biblical Theology and the Spiritual Exercises: A Method Toward a Personal Experience of God As Accomplishing Within Us His Plan of Salvation by Gilles Cusson, The Institute of Jesuit Sources, 1988
- One-on-one tutorial towards understanding of the dynamics of the Spiritual Exercises