Home ➥ Programs ➥ Seminar for Seminary Spiritual Directors ➥ Program Information
Seminar Program Information
Morning Practicum (3 weeks)
With Fr. Joseph Kelly and Fr. Vincent Fortunato, O.F.M. Cap.
Content in the two-hour morning practicum:
- Case studies tailored to the particular needs of seminary formation
- Role Playing: Experiences of Prayer and Spiritual Direction
- Fostering a Contemplative Attitude
- Tools for Helping Candidates and Seminarians in Discernment
- Psychological and Spiritual Affective Development
- Issues in Seminary Formation
Afternoon Seminars (some afternoons will be free)
- Fr. Timothy Gallagher will offer presentations on “Discerning God’s Will”
- Fr. Brian Welter will offer teachings on prayer and priestly identity
- Round table discussions with Fr. Kelly and Fr. Fortunato on issues in seminary formation and on topics presented by group.
Weekend of Directed Prayer
- An optional weekend of Prayer begins at 4 p.m. on Friday June 9th, 2023.
- The Seminar begins on June 12, 2023 with the morning presentations.
- The Seminar concludes by 12 p.m. on June 30, 2023.
The Seminar is based at Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska. During the summer IPF shares Creighton’s facilities while conducting its own liturgical and residential life
Costs include the following items:
- Seminar Fee
- Private, air-conditioned room (linens included)
- Textbook Fee
- Meal Plan
- $2,800.00, Total Seminar Cost*
*The Optional weekend of directed prayer is an additional $135.00.
- Limited scholarship funds are available upon request.