Home ➥ Programs ➥ Summer Program for Diocesan Seminarians ➥ Schedules and Academics
Schedules and Academics
- Pre-Session – Christian Prayer and Discernment (2) and an eight day individually directed silent retreat
- Term I – Prayer and Priestly Identity (2) and Growing into Authentic Manhood with Christ the Priest (2)
- Term II – The Mystery of the Liturgy: Receiving in Celebration and in Life (2)
- Summer Credits: 8
- Two hours of class per day, Monday through Friday
- One two-week period contains extra conference hours for a two credit course
- One hour of private prayer a day, “alone with God,” meditation and contemplation
- One and a half hours per day of communal prayer: Morning and Evening Prayer, Eucharist, and weekly Eucharistic Adoration
- All courses offered receive undergraduate or graduate theology credit at the 500 level, affording the student the possibility of transferring credit into existing seminary programs.
- Courses focus on integrated learning: sound academic discipline coupled with personal growth and apostolic application amidst contemplative leisure and solitude for prayer. IPF’s faculty is specially selected to be in harmony with our stated objectives.
- Class attendance in IPF courses is restricted to seminarians, with exceptions granted by IPF’s executive director.
Daily Schedule – Monday through Friday
- 7:00 am – Holy Hour
- 8:00 am – Morning Prayer
- 8:30 am – Mass
- 11:00 am – 12:45 pm – Lunch
- 1:00 - 3:00 p.m. – Class
- 5:15 - 6:15 pm – Dinner
- 6:30 pm – Evening Prayer (Wednesday, Eucharistic Adoration)
- Evening – Free for reading, prayer, physical exercise, or leisure
Daily Schedule – Weekends
- Free time for recreation, prayer, reading, etc.