Home ➥ Directory ➥ For Laity
Ways to Help
What Kind of Priest do you want?
None of us questions the beauty of the priesthood. However, considering the contemporary challenges facing the priesthood, as well as Saint John Paul II’s exhortation that a renewed priesthood is essential for the “future evangelization of humanity,” the question facing the laity is not, “Do you want the priesthood?” but rather, “What kind of priest do you want?”
What kind of priest do you want hearing your confession?
What kind of priest do you want anointing your aging parents?
What kind of priest do you want forming the souls of your grandchildren?
What kind of priest do you want preaching the Gospel in the culture of our time?
Why We Exist
In collaboration with Catholic seminaries and dioceses, we form seminarians, priests, and bishops in holiness and accompany them in their ongoing spiritual growth, so they can more effectively lead others to Christ.
Where We are Going
We envision a joyful and powerful renewal of holiness across the U.S. Catholic Church as more diocesan seminarians, priests, and bishops seek and commit to a personal, deep, and sustained spiritual communion with the Trinity.
How You Can Help
Heeding the call to assist in “one of the most demanding and important tasks for the future evangelization of humanity,” the Institute for Priestly Formation welcomes your help in four important ways:
- You can help us spiritually.
- You can help us physically.
- You can help us financially.
You can help us spiritually.
- Any work of God is dependent upon God. Since our humble beginnings in 1995, the Institute for Priestly Formation has always aimed to do “whatever He tells us” (John 2:5). If you would like to learn more about you can pray for the ministry of IPF, please call us at 402.546.6384 or 1.888.528.5668.
- Each year hundreds of laity join IPF in our mission by becoming Spiritual Moms and Spiritual Dads to hundreds of seminarians and priests.
You can help us physically.
If you would like to learn more about how you can volunteer your time or talent, please call us at 402.546.6384 or 1.888.528.5668.
You can help us financially.
While the Institute is grateful for its relationship with the Archdiocese of Omaha and Creighton University, we are a completely independent non-profit ministry. We need your help. Your future priests need your help. Whether it’s a gift of $20 a month or an even more generous gift, we can help find a giving level that fits for your budget. See How to Give to IPF.